Stephanie Hsu, MD is a board-certified surgeon by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Hsu specializes in the operative and non-operative treatment of:
- Adult, Adolescent and Pediatric Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic & Open complex shoulder, elbow, and upper extremity care
- Shoulder rotator cuff, labrum, biceps, instability treatment
- Total and Reverse shoulder arthroplasty/replacement
- AC joint and clavicle injuries
- Overhead, tennis, crossfit, running athletes
- Tommy John (ulnar collateral ligament), Tennis elbow and Golfers elbow
- Wrist fractures and injuries
- Cubital tunnel and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome treatment
- Fracture Care, pediatric to adult
- Knee injuries including meniscus, ligament & tendon injuries, patellar instability
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP), stem cell therapeutic treatment and viscosupplementation
Education & Training
- Columbia University/New York Presbyterian Hospital, Shoulder, Elbow & Sports Medicine, New York, NY
- Tufts University-New England Medical Center Combined Program, Orthopedic Surgery, Boston , MA
- Tufts University-New England Medical Center Combined Program, Chief Resident, Orthopedic Surgery, Boston, MA
- Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- University of Southern California, M.S., Biomechanics and Solid Mechanics, Los Angeles, CA
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Hsu is a native of Georgia, and received her undergraduate education at Georgia Institute of Technology, graduating with honors in mechanical engineering. After completing her undergraduate studies, she received her doctorate of medicine at the Medical College of Georgia, also graduating with honors. In order to expand her knowledge of implant design, she attended the University of Southern California, where she received her master’s degree in biomechanics and solid mechanics.
She has trained with some of the most prestigious sports medicine institutions in the nation, completing her residency at Tufts University in Boston, serving as chief resident, as well as a fellowship in shoulder, elbow and sports medicine at Columbia University in New York. She has treated athletes at every level, and as a part of her training, worked alongside team physicians for the Boston Red Sox and Bruins, as well as the New York Yankees, assisting in care for professional athletes, as well as local college and high school teams.
Dr. Hsu specializes in adult, adolescent and pediatric sports medicine, and has expertise in complex shoulder care, the athlete’s elbow and knees. She utilizes the latest in injury prevention and both conservative and surgical techniques, focusing on returning patients to activity. She has years of experience serving patients in the Greater Atlanta area, and prior to joining The Orthopedic Sports Medicine Center of Atlanta, treated athletes in Cherokee County, Midtown Atlanta and Marietta.
A recreational athlete herself, Dr. Hsu is an avid tennis player, and enjoys participating in the local ALTA and USTA communities.
Certification & Affiliations
- Board Certified, Orthopedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, Columbia Shoulder Society
- Northside Hospital Atlanta
- Northside Hospital Cherokee