Dr. Alonzo Sexton believes that physical inactivity is the greatest health risk of our generation, and is dedicated to educate patients and provide treatment to help eradicate this disease in the community.
Dr. Sexton specializes in:
- Knee injuries, including kneecap pain and instability
- Shoulder injuries involving rotator cuff, labrum, biceps and shoulder instability
- Arthritic shoulder conditions
- Elbow injuries involving the biceps tendon, ulnar collateral ligament and cartilage
- Robotic knee resurfacing
- Fracture and sprain care
Education & Training
- Lenox Hill Hospital, Shoulder, Sports Medicine, New York, NY
- Emory University, Orthopedic Surgery, Atlanta, GA
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Stanford University, B.S., Human Biology, Palo Alto, CA
Dr. Sexton provides structured guidance to help patients achieve and maintain an active lifestyle, and has particular expertise in minimally-invasive arthroscopic treatment of shoulder, knee and elbow conditions, robotic knee resurfacing and shoulder replacements. Dr. Sexton has extensive experience in treating athletes of all levels, from recreational to professional, has served as the team physician for the New York Jets, and prior to joining The Orthopedic Sports Medicine Center of Atlanta, served as team physician for the University of Georgia football and basketball teams for over 10 years.
He is board-certified in orthopedic surgery, and specializes in the operative and non-operative treatment of sports injuries and musculoskeletal disorders, serving each patient with personalized care and the latest treatment modalities in sports medicine. Dr. Sexton is welcoming new patients and offers a convenient location near the Northside Hospital Atlanta campus.
In his free time, Dr. Sexton enjoys traveling, golfing, skiing and spending time with his family.
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Leadership Georgia, Class of 2017
- Northside Hospital Atlanta